Cinnamon oatmeal is a quick, easy, healthy, and comforting vegan breakfast that takes seconds to prepare. Made with just 5 main ingredients, it’s perfect to enjoy hot or overnight oats style.
Oatmeal is easily one of my staple breakfasts. If I don’t have the time to prepare it at home, then I use one of my emergency packets of instant oats at my desk. My favorite will always be the chocolate oatmeal but when I want to switch things up, I love myself some cinnamon oatmeal.
Adding cinnamon to oats or porridge takes it to another level. It gives it the sweetest and slightly spicy flavor, and makes me crave a cinnamon roll SO badly!
Recently, our office underwent a renovation so I’ve not been able to enjoy my hot oatmeal from my desk. Instead, I’ve been preparing it at home and storing it in my favorite coffee cup– It keeps the oatmeal hot for HOURS!
This cinnamon oatmeal is-
- Filling and comforting
- Vegan and gluten free
- Ready in less than 5 minutes
- Healthy and naturally sweetened
What ingredients are in cinnamon oatmeal?
- Cinnamon tea– The secret ingredient in giving these oats an even more pronounced cinnamon flavor. This also replaces any need for water.
- Milk– Use your favorite plant based milk, like almond milk or soy milk.
- Quick cooking oats– My preferred oats to use as they take less than two minutes to cook and are extra creamy.
- Salt– Adding a pinch of salt to oats brings out the natural sweetness.
- Maple syrup– Adds some sweetness and balances the cinnamon flavor. Honey and agave nectar can also be used.
- Cinnamon– Ground cinnamon.
How to make cinnamon oatmeal
Start by brewing your cinnamon tea and let it seep for 5 minutes. Add your oats and salt to a saucepan and add the brewed tea and milk. Cook your oats until it reaches the desired consistency. Add the maple syrup and cinnamon and serve immediately or enjoy later.
What can I add to my oatmeal?
- Protein powder. Add some plant based protein powder to your breakfast bowl to amp up the protein content and keep you fuller for longer.
- Nut or seed butter. Drizzle some peanut butter, almond butter, or sunflower seed butter.
- Fruit. Fresh or frozen berries, sliced banana, and coconut flakes are fantastic options.
More vegan breakfast recipes to try
Tools to make this recipe
- Fressko reusable coffee cup– To store the hot oatmeal in and keeps it hot for hours- You can even store the oats in this and refrigerate it if you’d prefer overnight oats!
- Fressko Flask– Brews the cinnamon tea seamlessly!
- Non-stick saucepan– No oatmeal sticking to the pan here.
- 1 cup brewed cinnamon tea
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a saucepan, add the quick oats, salt, brewed cinnamon tea, and milk and place over medium heat. Cook the oats until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply