This mango banana smoothie is a delicious and simple vegan smoothie that needs just 4 ingredients! Perfect for breakfast or a wholesome snack, it’s healthy, filling, and keeps you energized all day!
Mango banana smoothie
Whenever I need a quick and easy breakfast or a filling snack between meals, I LOVE to make a refreshing smoothie. They take seconds to make and are healthy, filling, and easily customizable.
When it is the warmer months of the year, I try to use seasonal fruit, and my favorite being the humble mango. Mangoes are sweet and when added to a smoothie, takes the creaminess up a notch. While I don’t tend to pick favorites, my mango banana smoothie may take the cake.
Made with just 4 ingredients, this smoothie has a thick and creamy texture, almost similar to soft serve ice cream. The smoothie is pleasantly sweet, relying on the fruit for its sweetness.
Vegan smoothies often have a reputation for being bland and basic, but this smoothie is anything but- It’s like having dessert for breakfast and just happens to be gluten free and paleo!
How do you make a mango and banana smoothie?
- Frozen mango– Chopped frozen mango. This can easily be found at most supermarkets.
- Yogurt– Any vegan yogurt can be used. We prefer using unsweetened coconut yogurt.
- Banana– Chopped, so it is easier to blend.
- Milk of choice– I used unsweetened almond milk, but soy or oat milk will work well.
Start by adding all your ingredients into a high speed blender and blend very well, until thick and creamy. Pour into two glasses and serve immediately.
Tips to make the best vegan mango smoothie
- If you only have fresh mangos, it’d be best to freeze the banana, to ensure the smoothie remains extra thick.
- This smoothie relies on the mango and banana for sweetness. If you prefer extra sweet smoothies, add a tablespoon or two of maple syrup or agave nectar.
- Add a scoop of protein powder to add an extra 20-25 grams of protein per serving.
Storing and freezing mango smoothie
- To store: The smoothie is best enjoyed fresh but can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Be sure to whisk it well before consuming.
- To freeze: Pour the smoothie into shallow containers and store in the freezer for up to 6 months. When ready to enjoy, simply add the frozen blocks into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
More vegan smoothie recipes to try
Mango Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup mango frozen and diced
- 1/2 cup yogurt I used coconut yogurt
- 1 large banana sliced
- 1 cup milk of choice I used unsweetened almond milk
- In a high speed blender, add all your ingredients and blend very well, until all thick and creamy.
- Pour into two glasses and serve immediately.