These air fryer zucchini chips are a healthy and low calorie savory snack! Packed with fiber and low in fat, they are perfect on their own or served with your favorite main dish!
Air fryer zucchini chips
Even though I follow a very healthy diet, I still crave the snacks that we all love, including candy, chocolate, and chips. If I had to narrow it down, chips would be my kryptonite. I am yet to find a package of potato chips that I haven’t liked yet, and I feel others are also in the same boat.
To combat these cravings, instead of cutting them out completely, I’ve found healthy alternatives to satisfy them through veggie chips, especially, zucchini chips.
Air fryer zucchini chips- NO eggs and NO breading!
Now, traditional zucchini chips need eggs or breading or both on them, but not these ones- Just a smidge of oil and some seasonings and you are good to go! Besides, eggs aren’t suitable for a vegan diet and this recipe proves you don’t need it!
The texture is crispy on the outside and perfectly soft in the middle. They are salty and savory with hints of garlic throughout. You only need 4 main ingredients to make them and they take 10 minutes to make.
These zucchini chips are secretly healthy too, needing a mere half a tablespoon of oil for the entire recipe!
How to make air fried zucchini chips
- Zucchini– The key ingredient to make chips! Be sure to slice them in equal size coins, to ensure they cook evenly.
- Olive oil– Or any oil of choice. Olive oil yields a lovely buttery and mellow flavor.
- Garlic powder– Adds some garlic flavor without needing any garlic whatsosever.
- Salt and pepper– To taste!
In a large mixing bowl, add your zucchini, olive oil, followed by your spices, and mix well. Transfer the seasoned zucchini into an air fryer basket and cook for 12 minutes. Remove the chips from the air fryer basket and serve immediately.
Can I add breading?
If you’d like to have breaded zucchini chips, you can lightly coat each one in some panko bread crumbs or standard bread crumbs with added salt. For an even more intense flavor, add some vegan parmesan cheese.
Can I make these oil free?
If you’d like these zucchini fries to be oil free and fat free, you can omit the oil. However, they will not be as crispy and you will still need to lightly spray the air fryer basket to ensure they don’t stick.
Can I make these in the oven?
While an air fryer is the quickest way to cook these fries, you can also make them in the oven.
To make- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F and place the seasoned zucchini chips on a lined pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
How do you make zucchini chips extra crispy?
If you’d like extra crispy zucchini chips, slice your zucchini into thin coins and reduce the bake time to 8 minutes.
What to serve with air fried zucchini chips
Tools used to make this recipe
- Air fryer. This is the best air fryer to use and affordable.
- Non-stick tongs. Always use non-stick tongs to ensure you don’y scratch the air fryer basket.
- Mixing bowl. To mix everything together.
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- 1 large zucchini sliced
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, add your sliced zucchini, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and mix until combined.
- Transfer the zucchini chips into the air fryer basket and cook at 200C/400F for 10 minutes.
- Remove the zucchini chips from the air fryer basket and serve immediately.