These 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies are so soft, chewy, and slightly crispy, you won’t believe they are vegan! No eggs or flour are needed, they take less than 15 minutes to make.
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Before becoming vegan, I was obsessed with my mom’s peanut butter cookies. She made them by mixing eggs with peanut butter and sugar and baking them to perfection. These days, eggs aren’t something I eat but I do miss these cookies. I swapped out a few ingredients and made my own egg free version!
These vegan peanut butter cookies need just 3 ingredients and take seconds to make. They are a healthier take on traditional cookies and literally take 15 minutes to make. No eggs and no flour are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture is thick, slightly soft, and slightly chewy. They are pleasantly sweet and full of peanut butter flavor, without being overpowering.
As a hardcore peanut butter lover, these cookies are the ultimate game changer. I shared them with some friends and NO ONE believed me when I said there were no eggs in them!
How do you make 3 ingredient vegan peanut butter cookies?
- Peanut butter– Smooth and creamy peanut butter with no added sugar. Avoid using all natural or homemade peanut butter, as it can be a little too thick.
- Maple syrup– Gives the cookies some sweetness, and helps hold the cookies together.
- Coconut flour– A grain free flour, a little goes a very long way. This binds everything together and gives the cookies a softer and cakier middle.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients until combined. Next, using your hands, form 12 small balls of dough and place them onto a lined baking tray. Press down on each ball into a cookie shape and cross both sides with a fork.
Now, bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are just going golden. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow the cookies to cool completely, before serving.
Can I replace the peanut butter with something else?
If you’d like to replace the peanut butter with something else, you can use almond butter or tahini.
Tips to make the best peanut butter cookies without egg
- Do not overbake the cookies, as they continue to bake as they are cooling down. However, if you’d like your cookies on the crispier side, bake them for an extra 2-3 minutes.
- Feel free to add in some chocolate chips or chopped nuts, for some added texture and flavors.
- If your cookie dough is too sticky, add a little extra coconut flour. If the dough is too thick, add an extra tablespoon or two of maple syrup.
Storing and freezing vegan peanut butter cookies
- To store: Cookies can be stored at room temperature, in a sealed container, for up to 1 week. If you’d like them to keep longer, store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To freeze: Place cookies in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More vegan dessert recipes to try
3 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients until a thick and relatively smooth batter is formed. If the batter is too thin, add some coconut flour. If the batter is too thick, add a little extra syrup.
- Using your hands, form 12 small balls of dough and place them onto the lined sheet. Press down on each ball and cross either side with a fork. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until mostly golden around the edges.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool completely, before serving.