These vegan peanut butter balls are soft, fudgy, and take just 5 minutes to make. Made with 3 ingredients, they are wholesome and healthy snack that are secretly grain free!
Vegan Peanut Butter Balls
Whenever I’m in a snacking mood, instead of reaching for the chips or candy, I’ve been enjoying these peanut butter balls. As a hardcore peanut butter lover, they’ve been a game changer for me.
See, before I started making my own snacks, I was guilty of hitting the vending machine when 5 pm rolled around. Over time, I realized my energy levels were all over the place and my wallet was shrinking day by day. To combat this, I started adding energy balls to my weekly food prep.
These peanut butter balls need just 3 ingredients and take less than 5 minutes to make. I love how the only thing I need to make them is a mixing bowl- no food processor or blender needed. The texture is soft, chewy, and stable at room temperature. They are sweet, salty, and full of peanut butter flavor. In fact, they remind me of the peanut butter cup filling in Reese’s peanut butter cups!
Since I’ve also started working out more, I love having one of these before a tough strength session- My recovery time afterward has decreased considerably!
How do you make 3 ingredient peanut butter balls?
- Coconut flour– A low carb and grain free flour, coconut flour is unique, as it acts like a sponge when mixed with other ingredients. Don’t be shocked at the small amount used- a little goes a long way!
- Peanut butter– Smooth and creamy peanut butter, with no added sugar. Avoid using crunchy or super thick peanut butter, otherwise, your dough will be very hard to mix.
- Maple syrup– Gives the bliss balls some sweetness AND holds them together. If you don’t have maple syrup, agave nectar and brown rice syrup can also be used.
Start by mixing together all your ingredients until a thick dough remains. If the dough is too thick, add a little extra syrup. If it is too thin, add more coconut flour. Next, use your hands to roll small balls and place them onto a lined plate. Refrigerate the peanut butter balls for 30 minutes, to firm up.
Can I make these paleo?
These balls are naturally gluten free and grain free. If you’d like these to be paleo, switch out the peanut butter for almond butter.
Can I make these without peanut butter?
- Peanut free- Swap out the peanut butter for either almond butter or cashew butter. Like the peanut butter, you want the texture to be smooth and creamy (almost liquid like!).
- Nut free- Replace the peanut butter with either sunflower seed butter or tahini.
Storing and freezing peanut butter bliss balls
- To store: These bliss balls should be stored in the refrigerator, in a sealed container, for up to 4 weeks.
- To freeze: Place balls in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More vegan snack recipes to try
Vegan Peanut Butter Balls
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup peanut butter * See notes
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients and mix well, until a thick dough remains.
- Using your hands, roll out 12 small balls of dough and place them on a plate lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, to firm up.