These vegan granola bars need just 3 ingredients to make and take minutes to make! Healthier than store bought and much cheaper to make, they are perfect to customize with your favorite flavors!
Vegan Granola Bars
As someone who is constantly snacking, I’ve made a solid effort to stop buying packaged snacks. When I first moved out of home, I’d spend tons of money on my weekly grocery store on snacks. While incredibly healthy, they certainly came at a cost. Luckily, I soon realised I could make my own homemade versions.
Granola bars will always be my snack of choice and are SO easy to make. They don’t require any baking whatsoever and can easily be customized. These vegan granola bars need just 3 ingredients and take minutes to make!
These granola bars are also so much healthier than store bought ones. There is no refined sugar, no fillers, and no butter or dairy needed. The texture is thick, soft, and perfectly chewy. They are pleasantly sweet and easily customizable, so you can change them up any way you like!
Every week, I love prepping a double or triple batch of these vegan granola bars and always having them on hand- When the hunger cravings strike, I throw a few in my bag and polish them off!
How do you make homemade vegan granola bars?
- Rolled oats– Do not use quick cooking oats, as the granola bars will be prone to falling apart. Be sure to use certified gluten free oats, if you’d like these granola bars to be gluten free.
- Peanut butter– Smooth and creamy peanut butter, not crunchy.
- Maple syrup– Gives the bars sweetness, and also helps hold them together. Agave nectar or brown rice syrup can also be used.
- Chocolate chips– Optional, but highly recommended.
Start by adding the oats into a mixing bowl. Add the peanut butter and maple syrup to a microwave safe bowl and microwave until the peanut butter has melted. Whisk together with the peanut butter. Next, add the peanut butter mixture into the oats and mix well, until combined.
Now, transfer the mixture into a lined 8 x 8-inch pan and press the granola bar mixture into it. Top with chocolate chips and refrigerate for an hour, to firm up. Once firm, slice into bars.
Tips to make the best no bake granola bars
- If your peanut butter is extra drippy and smooth, you can skip the microwave part.
- Feel free to replace the peanut butter with any nut or seed butter, like almond butter, cashew butter, or tahini.
- Oatmeal Raisin cookie– Add 1/2 cup raisins to the batter, reserving an extra 1/4 cup on top.
- Blueberry muffin– Fold through 1 cup dried unsweetened blueberries to the batter.
- Double chocolate– Add 1/4 cup cocoa powder and 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the batter.
- Chocolate chip cookie dough– Replace 1/2 cup of the rolled oats with oat flour, and fold through 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Chocolate peanut butter– Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup peanut butter chips.
Storing and freezing 3 ingredient granola bars
- To store: Vegan granola bars should be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 4 weeks.
- To freeze: Place the leftover granola bars in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More vegan snack recipes to try
Vegan Granola Bars (3 Ingredients!)
- 2 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips optional
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add your oats. In a microwave safe bowl, combine your peanut butter with maple syrup and microwave until the peanut butter has melted.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until combined. Transfer the granola bar mixture into the lined pan and press down into it. Top with chocolate chips, if desired.
- Refrigerate the bars for at least an hour, before slicing into 12 bars.