This vegan bark is a simple chocolate dessert loaded with almonds and made with 2 ingredients! Ready in seconds, it’s perfect for events, parties, or edible gifts!
Whenever I need to make a quick and easy chocolate dessert for gifting or for events, I love making this vegan chocolate bark. It needs just 2 ingredients to make and it looks pretty darn impressive! It’s thick and creamy pieces of chocolate, studded with roasted almonds, and with a hint of salt throughout.
Unlike traditional chocolate bark, this vegan version has no dairy and no refined sugar in it. It tastes like the store bought candy you can find at those fancy chocolate shops, minus the price tags. Not only is this bark completely vegan, but it’s also gluten free and paleo!
How do you make vegan almond bark
- Vegan chocolate– Either a chopped up vegan chocolate bar or vegan chocolate chips.
- Unsalted almonds– Unsalted roasted almonds.
Start by melting the chocolate, either in the microwave or stovetop. Add the almonds into a mixing bowl, then pour the chocolate over the top. Mix very well, until all the almonds are coated in chocolate. Next, transfer the mixture onto a lined baking sheet and smooth out the top.
Now, place the bark in the refrigerator for at least an hour, to firm up. Once firm, break apart into bite sized pieces. If desired, sprinkle some flaky salt on top.
Tips to make the best chocolate almond bark
- If possible, use a vegan chocolate bar over the chocolate chips. Vegan chocolate chips are designed to keep their shape when baked and while they do melt well, bars just have a smooth and glossy texture.
- If you are allergic to almonds or nuts, feel free to use any nut/seed or even dried fruits.
- Peanut butter bark– Swirl through 1/2 cup of melted peanut butter throughout the melted chocolate mixture.
- White chocolate bark– Replace the chocolate with vegan white chocolate chips.
- Fruit and nut bark– Fold through 1/2 cup raisins and 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
- Peppermint bark– Add 1 teaspoon peppermint extract and add 2 crushed up candy canes.
- Cookie bark– Fold through 1 cup chocolate chip cookies, crushed up.
Storing and freezing almond bark
- To store: Almond bark can be stored at room temperature in a sealed container for up to 4 weeks.
- To freeze: Place leftover bark in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More vegan chocolate dessert recipes to try
Vegan Bark (2 Ingredients!)
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 1/2 tsp salt flaky
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt your chocolate. Add your almonds into a mixing bowl, and add the melted chocolate over it and mix well, until all the almonds are coated in chocolate.
- Transfer the mixture onto the lined sheet and smoothen out the top. Refrigerate for at least an hour, to firm up. Once firm, break apart into pieces.
Leave a Reply